Me

Me

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My goal in life is simple: to exceed all expectations.


Over winter break, I went with some friends (including the boyfriend) to Monarch, CO. We went with the intent of snowboarding (and some alone time with the boyfriend). My boyfriend and his brother (hate) decided they were too good to hang out with us, and I was stuck for 9 days with his friends, looking to learn how to snowboard without the boyfriend. I will say, that my snowboarding skills compared to that of the boyfriend were sub-par, but is that an excuse for abandoning me for a week?

As I say in the description to this blog, fortune favors the brave. I was willing to take a chance, and learn to snowboard, I wanted to be as good as my boyfriend and his brother. I tried my hardest to keep up, but they decided I had progressed too slowly. Even after all I had learned, it wasn't enough (abandoned!). They had their jumps down, and I thought I had the slopes down. It felt so exhilarating on the slopes!!!

Once back at the lodge, I thought we could celebrate (with alcohol because we party!) but of course, I thrown under the bus.

Now I know you are wondering, why would you even date a guy like this? Well it wasn't always like this, but that's another post!

2 comments:

  1. No it isn't an excuse, I know if I went snowboarding with someone (which I have never been) I would also assume that they would show me the ropes or at least spend some time with me on the easier slopes and not just say "There is the mountain have fun."

    What I could compare this to, since I haven't gone snowboarding, is playing music. When I play with people it is obvious what they are capable of, and I don't say, "Well hey you can't play up to my skill so we can't jam together, I am gonna bounce." Instead I enjoy the time I get to play with another musician and get to learn their style. And usually they aren't my girlfriend(lol).

    Fortune does favor the brave!

    Although you might not have gotten what you expected from this trip in terms of your boyfriend, you still conquered the slopes and had a good experience.

    I would say you seem to have made the best of a bad situation from the way you explain it, which surely would exceed most people's expectations when someone runs (or snowboards) off without you during a vacation together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, way to take initiative to learn anyway and turn lemons to lemonade as they say.

    If I went anywhere, with anyone and we were doing something I enjoyed or was good at, I would try to share my passion with whoever I was with. It's a lot more fun to do things as a group (especially if it's people you care about) than to do it by yourself.

    I don't think anyone is going to judge you on who you're dating. It's not anyone's job to do that, and it's not really anyone's business. You can't help who you're attracted to anyway.

    ReplyDelete